We’ve already covered Mercury Retrograde, and last month we talked about Mercury in Libra, but what happens when that Mercury decides to slow down a little bit, and in Scorpio of all places? It is a cosmic alignment worth a serious discussion, as this is another aspect in our horoscope that has the potential to wreak havoc in our lives, or miracles. Mercury is about communications and words, and the zodiac sign we know and love as Scorpio is about digging to the truth, so you can imagine, when Mercury slows down or goes retrograde in Scorpio, a LOT of stuff is going to come to the surface that is going to be just plain difficult to deal with. Or awesome. The good news? You get to decide. You’re in the captain’s chair. Here’s your handy action plan for navigating this murky aspect step by awkward step.
What does this aspect mean?
Generally speaking, Mercury is the planet that deals with journeys, transportation, technology, contracts, intelligence, and legal matters, coming to an almost stop in the most secretive and intense signs of them all. It’s an aspect that is going to last in our horoscope for two months. Normally Mercury doesn’t last that long in the individual zodiac signs, but when it is retrograde, as we previously discussed, it slows down. So essentially speaking when you have the planet of chit chat retrograde in the under the surface mysterious zodiac sign you are going to have a lot of…awkward conversations. Some of them will be amazing. And some of them will be just that. Awkward. How are you going to deal with it?
The key themes of any astrological aspect are the themes that will manifest in your life almost whether you want them to or not. These are themes that you may not be used to, or they may be themes you are very comfortable with. We address them here because knowing what the themes of Mercury in Scorpio are ahead of time will help. When one of these crops up in your life, you can go “ah hah! Mercury is still retrograde in Scorpio.”
- Digging for clues and hidden info. Suddenly you will want to know everything about everyone. You will ask intense questions during conversations with new people, as they will with you.
- Being guarded. As much as you will want to know things, you will want to keep things private. This is true Scorpio style. She doesn’t let her secrets go but will stop at nothing to get yours. You won’t be able to avoid putting up a few walls now. But don’t be afraid to tear them down, secrets you reveal during this period are going to bring you closer to someone.
You’ll notice the two key themes of this aspect are in direct opposition to each other. That’s the cosmic punch of Mercury retrograde in Scorpio! So how are you going to deal with this slow planet in this intense zodiac sign?
Mercury Retrograde in Scorpio Checklist
- Mark these dates: From shadow period to shadow period we have this period in effect from October 1 to November 27. These are the dates you can expect the most of this chit chat and guarded activity.
- Another date to note is the November 3 Eclipse. Meditate, meditate, meditate, for enlightenment on some of those secrets you’ve been trying to uncover!
- Make note of “re” themes in this retrograde: re-edit, re-write, re-evaluate, re-imagine, re-consider, re-cover, re-vamp. You will be re-peating a lot of words, communication, messages, and even experiences. You will also be “reliving” a lot, and see a lot from your past come up. Get used to it!
- With Mercury in a Water Sign expect your messages and communications to come in a variety of forms, not all of them conventional. Keep your dream journal handy, and pay attention to every life experience, waking or otherwise.
- Make a list of the mysteries in your life that need to be solved. Are you looking for a family member? Have health concerns that puzzle you? Wondering about a soul connection? You have the cosmic energy now to solve those mysteries. Make a list and then begin tackling them.
- Watch for signs and synchronicities. Scorpio is a very intuitive zodiac sign and depends almost exclusively on signs and synchronicities or happy coincidences to rule their lives. These will be abundant during this period, especially if you ask your angels and guides to send them to you. These signs are the key holders to the secrets you are looking to uncover.
- Don’t be surprised if someone from your past shows up out of the blue. Scorpio is about soul connections, and these could be romantic or otherwise. Always look fabulous before you leave the house if this kind of surprise delights you. If it doesn’t, have a fail-safe statement to provide to anyone that may re-enter your life at any moment in the most unwelcome way. “Great to see you, wish I could chat but I’m on the way to meet my awesomely wealthy and gorgeous fiance have a nice life.” This is precisely how Scorpio would handle it, and so must you, whether you are doing precisely that, or sitting on the couch and wishing you were.
- Come from a place of Yes. This is a period where the more positive you are in your communications, vis a vis Mercury, the more miracles you will produce in your emotional life, vis a vis Scorpio. Come from a place of Yes. Or, a place of openness and acceptance. Don’t be so quick to say no if you are usually in the no place. Say yes first, you just never know WHAT is possible. Scorpio says yes until she gets what she wants and doesn’t even hear the word no. Your mission if you choose to accept it is to embrace all of the potential that Scorpio does every day. Aren’t you lucky! Your romantic partners will be too!
Many people fear the Mercury retrograde period showing up in their horoscope, but this month we get a little gift from our Mercury retrograde as it enters Scorpio during its slowest movement. This is exciting for anyone that’s ever wanted to be a Scorpio! During this time you can create some true miracles in your life by harnessing that powerful Scorpio intensity and passion with the gift of communication as only Mercury can do. What secrets are you hoping to uncover during this time? I want to know!