Flying Dream Meaning
Flying is one of the most common dream archetypal symbols, and it always means something specific to the dreamer.
There are a number of dream meanings associated with flying and it is a dream that tends to produce a pleasant sensation for the dreamer!
A Personal Sense of Power
One of the most popular meanings associated with flying relates to your own personal sense of power. If you are flying easily and in full control of your flying, then it likely means you are doing very well in your waking life and on top of everything.
If, however, you are having trouble with flying, such as problems with maneuvering or almost crashing into something, it would suggest you are lacking control in some aspect of your waking life. It is important in this instance to recognize what is preventing you from succeeding as this dream is trying to alert you - something isn’t right and it’s important to find out what it is.
Taking a New Direction
Experiencing flying in your dream could suggest you need movement in your life in some way, shape, or form. Perhaps you need to take a different direction with a relationship or creative project. It could also mean that you need to rise above and look at the big picture. Some details are missing that you need to make a decision, and you won’t be able to see them unless you go high above and look down at them yourself.
Have you had this dream more than once? Check out the meaning of recurring dreams.
Fear of Challenges
If while flying you are feeling afraid and fearful, then something in your life is presenting a challenge to you and you are afraid to face it.
This is why it’s important to pay close attention to your feelings while you are flying. Fear is a strong indication that an obstacle in your waking life is stopping you from moving forwards.
In short, a flying dream is all about your own personal strength. The feeling you experience when flying is like a monitor that lets you know the levels of your own strength and areas which may need improving.
Astral Projection/Lucid Dreaming
If you are familiar with astral projection and lucid dreaming then you will know all about this one! Astral projection is the ability to leave your body while you sleep, while lucid dreaming is the ability to control the direction your dream goes in while sleeping.
Astral projection is a wonderful experience for those who have it. The soul is able to leave the body during unconsciousness and travel to different realms, often places that are not accessible during waking life. This experience does not have any subliminal meaning. It is the same with lucid dreaming, which is a talent that is possible to learn. These experiences heighten the richness of a person’s life as they enable them to explore aspects of the subconscious mind.
Some Other Meanings for Flying
- Seeing the Sun while flying: This could mean your worries will soon cease.
- Flying high in the sky: This could mean you are being set free from something, whether a real-life situation, a thought process, or a pattern in your waking life.
- Flying low towards the ground: This can indicate a desire to explore the ethereal side of your character, such as psychic gifts or your intuition. Flying low is also an indication that it is important to stay grounded if you decide to delve into this side of yourself. Grounding crystals can be very helpful in assisting with this in your waking life.
- Being shot/hit: If while flying you are shot at or something is trying to attack you, then it indicates you need to be careful of people who may try to be hindering your progress.
- Flying with wings: If you dream you have wings while flying, it represents how well (or not) your higher self is merging with your physical self. If the wings are white, you are advancing very well on the spiritual path. If the wings are black, there may be changes needed to make in waking life as obstacles may be stopping you from advancing spiritually. The lighter the wings, the more you are in touch with your spiritual self, while the darker the wings, the more the material world is in control.
Learn more about Dream Interpretation here.
You might also be interested in
It’s time to set your New Year’s Resolutions for 2019! A new year is upon us and with the beginning of 2019 comes new goals. What are your personal and professional goals for… Read Full Article »
Scorpios are mysterious, emotional and clever. A water sign ruled by Mars, you are a well of hidden knowledge and feelings. You require penetrating mental stimulation and… Read Full Article »