Recurring Dream Dream Meaning
The message of a recurring dream is an important one so it is vital that you pay attention to it.
A recurring dream is unique to everyone so the most important thing to do when you experience the same dream over and over again is to follow the two steps below.
What To Do When You Have A Recurring Dream
You wake up after having the same dream you’ve had for months… now what?
Step 1: Write down as much of it as you remember
The best approach for interpretation is to write down as much of it as you can. Each symbol in that dream will mean something different, so you want to put as much on paper to interpret each symbol on its own as you can. This might be a great time to start a dream journal to help you interpret your dreams.
The ultimate message from a recurring dream is the message of unresolved issues.
This could even be an issue from a past life, which is why it is so important to get as many details down as you can. Usually, recurring dreams do not make sense.
Step 2: Analyze the details during waking life
A recurring dream often links to an aspect or area of your life that is in dire need of your attention or is representing a transition stage in your life.
For example, you may have a recurring dream that you are standing on the edge of a cliff looking out into the ocean.
This type of dream indicates that you may be on a knife-edge in waking life (perhaps you are in a relationship that is reaching breaking point) and you are being called to give this matter your fullest attention.
Need help getting those details down? Learn more about how to enhance your dream recall.
Recurring traumatic dreams
Traumatic dreams will be recurring for individuals suffering trauma until they are able to get counseling and treatment to overcome this trauma.
If there is no obvious link to trauma, however, a recurring dream is pointing you in the direction of an unresolved issue.
What are those unresolved issues? We like to pretend they do not exist in our waking life, but if you keep dreaming about them then the dream will not go away until you take care of that business.
You may have some emotional messages that you need to give in your waking life, you may have some unhealthy habits that need to be broken, or you may simply have some unfinished business that you need to attend to. The more details you get down on paper, and the more time you commit to understanding this dream, the sooner this recurring dream will come to an end.
Some Common Recurring Dreams
Any dream type or symbol can be recurring, which can cause deep introspection in our waking lives. There are also dreams that are most commonly reported as recurring dreams, below are some common recurring dreams and their meanings:
- Dreaming about hidden treasure. If you have a recurring dream about hidden treasure then it means you are discovering your own special gifts and talents and are ready to manifest them in the real world. This dream also highlights your unique individuality and letting you know that it is the fact that you don’t fit in which is your greatest strength.
- Dreaming about locked rooms. If you have recurring dreams of being in a locked room or surrounded by barriers, or that there are bridges you cannot find a way to cross over, it is a message from your subconscious to change your mindset about something. This points to a negative thought pattern that is holding you back.
- Dreaming about dangerous situations. If you have recurring dreams which revolve around the theme of struggling between life and death it is an indication that you need to work on your inner self and not focus so much on the material world. This dream indicates that too much emphasis is placed on the physical world to the detriment of your spiritual progression.
- Dreaming about the same person. If your recurring dream revolves around the same person over and over again then it indicates that the feelings and thoughts you associate with this person are still very much with you and are a dominant feature of your life. If this person is someone you have positive feelings for, it is a sign that you should apply the qualities of this person to your own character and take inspiration from them.
- Dreaming about being betrayed. If you have recurring dreams that you are being betrayed then it may be an indication that you are extremely loyal and loving and that your dreaming mind is encouraging you to put your own needs first for once.
Remember, recurring dreams can also be of a deeply intuitive nature. If you keep having a dream that a set of keys is in the left pocket of a coat you haven’t touched in several months, and you actually lost these keys in real life, then it’s time to check that pocket!
Learn more about Dream Interpretation here.
You might also be interested in
The world is pretty hard right now. And when the news is this dark, it can feel like creativity is impossibly out of reach. Yet art is a form of magic. Belief in beauty, reaching… Read Full Article »