9 Things You Should Do Every Month During The Full Moon
The Full Moon is high in the sky and something is mystical in the air. It’s that time again for the monthly gift of the Full Moon. Each Full Moon has different manifesting tricks or themes based on the sign it is in, but one thing stays constant: growth and endings.
The New Moon gives us the opportunity to set our goals and manifestations, meaning that if you want something the beginning of the cycle is when you should send it into the universe. The Full Moon is when, if we have been actively manifesting, we can act on our goals and make our dreams come true.
A lot of people think that they can only use the Full Moon energy on the actual date of the Full Moon, but that’s just not true! You can enjoy it for almost a full week. The Full Moon energy begins 48 hours before the day of the Full Moon, peaks on the day of the Full Moon, and continues to trickle down 48 hours after the Full Moon. That’s five days of awesome Full Moon energy! The potential is limitless if you know how to harness it.
What You Need To Do During The Full Moon
We are going to lay it all out for you and show you what you have to do every month when the Full Moon rises.
1. Get Rid of Toxicity
Toxicity and negativity will weigh you down during a Full Moon and it will cloud your judgment. The Full Moon wants to illuminate the blessings available to you, but even the light of the Full Moon will not be able to penetrate your soul if you are clinging to negative issues. This can be an issue within your mental and physical space.
So let’s say you have five negative thoughts, each one gets their own separate piece of paper. If you set intentions to find mental or spiritual positivity or light in this Moon cycle, it’s time to acknowledge your blocks, write them down individually on slips of paper, and then get rid of them. If you’re looking to cleanse your space, this would be the time to clean and get rid of what is holding you back.
By doing either of these rituals, you are deciding what is bad, what needs to be cut out by physically and then acting on it. Be honest with yourself and allow your inner growth to expand.
2. Act on Your Desires
If there is any energy from astrology for you to use to act on your own desires, the Full Moon energy is the most intense. This means that if you act on your desires in this period, chances are, they will manifest miracles. This is not the time to behave in the manner that you think you should.
Instead, do what you want to do for a change! What are your deepest desires? Pursue them during this time and you might find that things fall into place. This energy is the best you will get all month, every month, to truly unbury those passions you have been stifling for so long.
You can be the change you want to see: Make Your New and Full Moon Wishes Come True
3. Start Something New
The Moon is at its fullest point when it is a Full Moon and that means that as the next few days and weeks go by, the Moon will get smaller, it wanes. This is a great time for you to start getting smaller too! Remember that the Full Moon is about endings, but these are endings of toxic ways of life.
This time around, you can end the cycle of unhealthy habits and begin rituals of diminishing any bad habits that are hindering your success. If you manifested wanting something new in your life, now is the time to act. Don’t rush into this new thing, but take the steps to get the ball rolling.
4. Reroute Your Important Paths
This is not unlike the mentality you follow by starting a new diet plan. The Full Moon is the biggest and brightest right now, which means as the days pass on, it will get smaller, and smaller. If you were wanting to try a new way of doing something, like your budget or schedule, this is the time to begin this reroute.
Want that mountain of bills to deplete without depleting your resources? Sit down with them during this five day period and make a plan to make it smaller. Take small bites at a time so you are not overwhelmed.
5. Keep Yourself Level-Headed
During a time where we are told to act and get our goals moving, it might be tempting to let your emotions and actions get away from you. Aim to embrace the logic and rational thinking of an Earth sign, instead of falling into the overwhelming feelings of the emotional Moon.
There are calmness and peace that the Full Moon brings, aim to take time to thrive in the stillness of the moment.
6. Write Stuff Down
This is a time where you’re dreams are realized, make sure you write down your thoughts and aspirations of this period. What do you want to work on next? What didn’t go well? What would you change?
Basically, if you want your powerful intentions to manifest, write it down and stow them away for a later day. Writing your thoughts down has a powerful effect that makes your intentions sink into your brain a little deeper. It becomes more real and meaningful for you.
Are you heartbroken? Agonizing over work pressures? Step away from the problem, and set the intention to have that area of your life blessed with abundance. Visualize how it feels and looks to be loved, imagine your work pile getting smaller every moment. All it takes is 30 seconds and your authentic intentions have been set.
7. Slow Down, Meditate & Reflect
The Full Moon is the time to truly be honest with yourself about where you want your life to go next. Meditation is the best way to slow down, reflect, and figure this out. Take a little quiet time, as much as you want, from 30 seconds to 30 minutes. Clear your mind to the point where you are not distracted by any particular thought.
Contemplation and quiet may not feel like you are accomplishing anything at first, especially if you are new to this practice. When you are done you will feel better, more refreshed, and even invigorated. If you practice meditation, not only do you feel better, but you find yourself more informed because you will receive clarity and information that you can use in your daily life.
8. Charge Your Crystals & Divination Tools
The light of the Full Moon is the perfect time to charge your crystals and cleanse their energies. Depending on what sign the Moon is in, this act may be stronger for some crystals and weaker for others. If you’ve set your New Moon intentions surrounding or using your crystals, charging them directly in the light of the Full Moon will give energy to those desires.
Your Tarot cards and pendulums also benefit from cleansing and charging in the Full Moon, often people who practice divination will place these elements in the direct moonlight to give them an extra boost.
Learn more about cleansing your Tarot cards and crystals here.
9. Accept Endings
The Full Moon is a time of endings, whether we are ready for them or not. When you see the end of a story, goal, or path in your life, try releasing it or allowing it to naturally flow. It’s easy to hold onto what is familiar
When we fight it, this can cause unnecessary stress and tension within us and in our relationships, leaving us to pick up the pieces in the Full Moon’s shadow. Just like the Death card states, not all endings are bad… some are necessary and healthy.
Discover the Full Moon in Each Sign
The Full Moon in Each sign brings new energies…
- The Full Moon in Aries brings tension, fiery energy, and an amazing opportunity for personal growth.
- The Full Moon in Taurus connects us to our inner wants and desires. If we embrace this time we will develop our inner love and beauty.
- The Full Moon in Gemini connects us to others, allowing us to grow within our relationships and outward intellect.
- The Full Moon in Cancer allows us to connect to our emotions and let free our reservations about our physical bodies. This is very powerful, as the Moon is ruled by the sign cancer, so when the natal Full Moon is in our skies, opportunity is everywhere. We can grow in many ways throughout this time but no matter what, the focus on love, both self-love and love of others, will carry us to new places.
- The Full Moon in Leo brings us a time of full confidence and exuberance: Take chances and embrace your best traits. This is a time to grow the skills that we already possess but what to make bigger, bolder, and more successful. This is the time to take on a new day and never look back.
- The Full Moon in Virgo means it’s time to get our lives in order. While this doesn’t feel like growth initially, this will allow you to spread your wings into the next moon cycle. Virgo’s think ahead like that.
- The Full Moon in Libra is light and airy, this growth period looks to charging our energies through others. Sometimes we can expand our horizons by listening and evaluating the people around us. When the Libra Full Moon is in the sky, it’s an interpersonal recycling day.
- The Full Moon in Scorpio is a period of symbolic growth, while it may feel that you want to spend time focusing on your closest friends, during a Scorpio Full Moon we need to look inside. When we look at what we are holding onto and send it down the astrological river, we free ourselves for compassion and success.
- The Full Moon in Sagittarius influences light and fun expansion. This is the perfect time to break free of your restrictions and grow beyond the box you are giving yourself. What is something you’ve always wanted to try? Sign up for that class now or, in true Sagittarius style, just do it now!
- The Full Moon in Capricorn means it’s time to get back to basics. While most Full Moon’s flip the script and cause unrest, a Capricorn Full Moon allows us to focus. This is the perfect time to focus on financial, career, or personal success as there is an extended emotional maturity that we can tap into during this Moon.
- The Full Moon in Aquarius puts our personality and individualism in the spotlight. This is the perfect time to make personal changes like a new haircut, a new room layout, or even a new creative adventure. Just like the Air sign the Moon is in, there are only worries if we don’t look at the world around us rationally, the rest is up in the air.
- The Full Moon in Pisces presents us with a time for spiritual growth. In this time we will want to search for love, closure, and anything else that fulfills your soul. When you feel complete under the Pisces Full Moon we grow as a person, use self-care and rituals to harness this energy best.
The Full Moon happens every month, and so you have frequent opportunities to use its energy to manifest luck and good fortune in your life. If you use the rituals outlined above, it will help you to refocus and recommit to the life you want to live every single month.
If life isn’t going the way you want it to, the Full Moon is a time to reflect on why, make a correction, and get it back on track. The Full Moon wants your life to be full of joy, love, and provide everything you need. All you have to do is work with the energy and it will come to you.
Want to know more about the planetary phenomenon? The Ultimate Guide To Full Moons
* Editor’s note: This article was previously published April 9th, 2017 and has been updated for astrological accuracy.
Did you enjoy this article? Please share it with your friends!
You might also be interested in
It’s another year, another fresh page, another tabula rasa of new beginnings! Are you single and ready to mingle? Every new year presents exciting opportunities and breathes… Read Full Article »