You Can Tell Your Future With Playing Cards
Many people view those who
One of the most popular everyday divination with playing cards. Playing cards
Related Article: How to Do Your Own Tarot Card Reading
The Meanings of the Cards
Reading playing cards is important to understanding the four suits in a deck of playing cards pertaining to a different area of your life and even the timing of events. The suit of hearts deal with emotional matters and may foretell events in the summertime.
Diamonds deal with money, material objects, the tangible, and when it comes to timing, they hint at the season of winter. Clubs point to friendships, relationships, matters that require action and springtime. Spades indicate a conflict or warning and resonate with the season of autumn.
- Aces: New beginnings.
- Twos: A choice needs to be made.
- Threes: Things are falling into place.
- Fours: Foundation and stability.
- Fives: Be prepared for an important event about to happen.
- Sixes: A lack of focus.
- Sevens: Luck, this can be either good or bad, depending on the surrounding cards.
- Eights: Fate, or destiny.
- Nines: A conflict or decisions may be coming to a head.
- Tens: Completion. endings, or fulfillment.
- Jacks: Messages are coming your way.
- Queens: Knowledge, awareness, enlightenment.
- Kings: Confidence, self-assurance, ego.
- The Joker: Some playing card readers include the joker and some do not when performing tarot with playing cards. Whether you choose to do so is entirely up to you. I recommend it. The joker means that something unexpected and unpredictable is about to happen. It cautions you, no matter what the rest of the reading revealed, things could change in heartbeat, so be prepared!
Now that you know the meaning of each suit and card, you need to apply your knowledge to interpret the message from reading the playing cards. Let’s use eights as an example. The eights mean fate or destiny. If you pulled the eight of hearts, it would mean something
Fortune telling with playing cards takes a bit of thought and objectivity to put the interpretation together. The more you understand the tarot card meanings, the better you’ll be at seeing how they all fit together. Half of the art of a tarot card reading is storytelling.
You will develop the skill of reading playing cards, taking the message in the cards, and applying it to your life and the situation you are consulting the cards to answer.
The Layout of the Cards
When you tarot with playing cards, you
You can use the same spreads for playing cards as you do for tarot, or
Shuffle your cards, ask them your questions, lay the four cards out one by one face down, and read them left to right.
- Card #1: This represents the main theme of your question.
- Card #2: This card is showing you the advantages you’ve got working for you.
- Card #3: The next card shows you the challenges, or perhaps what’s working against you.
- Card #4. The final card reveals the potential outcome of your question.
Pay close attention to cards that repeat themselves in a spread. In the above spread, you’ve only used four cards. That means that if you get two of any card - two threes, two queens, two sevens - pay close attention. The numbers are trying to alert you and send a message.
Related Article: 3 Common Mistakes When Reading Your Own Tarot
You can tell your own future without having to be clairvoyant. With experience, you’ll
While you’ll be able to learn to read the cards immediately, it takes time, patience, and wisdom to become adept at tarot with playing cards.
There are no hard and fast rules about reading your own cards. Do what feels comfortable and don’t get bogged down with details and thinking there is a perfect or correct interpretation of the tarot. Even the most experienced card readers will sometimes consult reputable professionals to get a second opinion. Approach the tarot with humility, respect, and the mindset that you will always learn something new with each reading.
Editor’s note: This article was previously published November 28, 2016 and has been updated for astrological accuracy.
Did you enjoy this article? Please share it with your friends!
You might also be interested in
On May 21st, the Sun moved out of steady, earthy Taurus and into adaptable, airy Gemini. So what does this influence mean for us? Ideas Galore! This is a great time for fresh… Read Full Article »