Need a Life Line? Try At-Home Palmistry
Life is beautiful, but it’s also filled with confusion and challenges. This is why it can be so comforting to turn to professional astrologers and palm readers to learn more about your path, your personality, and why you’re here on this planet. But how fun would it be to read your own fortune, turning to your internal wisdom and saving a few bucks along the way?
Palmistry, like astrology, can be a difficult practice to fully master, and it requires time and patience to learn all the ins and outs of each metaphysical activity. However, with this handy guide, you can learn the basics and give yourself an at-home palmistry reading! This article will teach you everything you need to know to learn more about yourself through the unique, fated lines resting in the palm of your hand.
As a bonus (and a bit of a guide), head over to our Free Palmistry Quiz where you can learn even more about what your palm says about you!
Let’s begin with the four hand types.
Step 1: Find Your Hand Type
Palmistry connects to astrology in many ways, beginning with the elements.
There are 4 types of hands and each one is associated with one of the elements: Fire, Earth, Water, and Air.
QUIZ: Which Element Are You?
The palm of a Fire hand is oblong and rectangular, while the fingers tend to be shorter than the palm. In astrology, Fire signs are passionate, driven, and feisty, and these qualities also apply to those with Fire hands. These people are energetic and creative, with a need to be entertained. Fire hands can get bored rather easily, so they’re always finding new and exciting ways to fill their time. These people are warm and friendly, but they can also be impatient and impulsive.
Earth hands tend to be wide and square-shaped, with short fingers and a large palm. Earth is a grounded, responsible element in astrology, and Earth hands are no different. Those with Earth hands are practical and sensible, and they don’t shy away from hard work. These are also people who share a deep relationship with Mother Earth, soaking up any time spent in the great outdoors. Like Earth signs, those with Earth hands can be rather stubborn.
Water hands have a shorter palm with long, elegant fingers. The palm tends to be oblong in shape. In astrology, Water is an emotional, intuitive, and creative element. These characteristics also apply to those with Water hands. These people feel their emotions with depth and intensity, and they’re great at sensing the moods of those around them. Water hands indicate an idealistic person with many fantasies and creative tendencies, which can lead to overindulging.
A short, square palm with long fingers represents the Air hand. Air is a social, quick-thinking, intellectual element in astrology, and these traits carry over to those born with Air hands. These people are intelligent and witty; but their mind can be overactive, leading to racing thoughts and anxiety. Air hands love to be around other people, sharing ideas and information through deep communication. These people may need to work harder to connect to their emotions.
Step 2: Look at Your Finger Lengths
While your finger length connects to your hand shape, there are a few more details that you can learn about yourself by exploring your digits.
- Long: Long fingers denote someone who possesses feminine, inquisitive energy. These people are detail-oriented and considerate.
- Short: Shorter fingers indicate an individual that is intuitive and impulsive. These people don’t take their time in considering their options, preferring to dive in head-first.
- Open: If your fingers are naturally more open when your hand is relaxed, your are open-minded, unconventional, and true to yourself.
- Closed: Closed fingers represent someone who doesn’t feel comfortable which change and new ideas.
Step 3: Look at the Lines on Your Palm
There are four major lines on the hand that we’ll take a look at next: The Head line, the Heart line, the Life line, and the Fate line.
Many palm readers choose to read the line on your dominant hand—but you can also get information from your non-dominant hand. Some believe that your dominant hand represents your current fate, while your non-dominant represents your potential.
Read this next: Does Your Fate Change With Your Palm Lines?
The Head Line
The Head line represents wisdom and intelligence.
- Long & Straight: A long, straight Head line can indicate someone who thinks things over thoroughly before making any decisions. This can also represent over-thinking and rumination.
- Short: A short line denotes an individual who may be impulsive and quick to action.
- Split: If your Hand line splits near either end, you’re a sensitive individual who cares about the emotions and thoughts of others.
- Long & Curved: If your Head line curves around toward the lower corner of your palm, you’re creative and inventive, with a wild imagination.
- Crossed Over: If there are a variety of smaller, lighter lines crossing over your head line, you will probably have to make a few big decisions in your lifetime.
The Heart Line
This line connects to your emotional center and romantic life.
- Long & Straight: If your Heart line is long, straight, and running parallel to your Life line, you are practical and reserved about your emotions. You think rationally and analytically.
- Short & Straight: A short, straight Heart line indicates an individual that values independence and freedom over romantic entanglements.
- Connected to the Life Line: If your Heart line connects to your Life line, you may have frequent heartache, as your heart breaks more easily than others.
- Split: If your Life line splits into two lines, you probably put the needs of others before your own.
- Long & Curved: You’re a passionate individual who expresses themselves creatively and energetically.
The Life Line
The Life line relates to your own personal destiny. Many people mistake the length of the Life line as relating to the length of one’s life, but this is not the case.
- Long & Curved: If your Life line is long and curves around the base of your thumb, you are likely energetic, physically healthy, and loyal to your loved ones.
- Long & Straight: A Life line that does not curve indicates an individual who is practical and cautious.
- Deep: If your Life line seems deeply etched into your palm, you are strong and vital.
- Faint: A faint Life line can indicate an individual who needs to work towards calm energy and needs to take a break every once in a while.
- Broken: Each break in the Life line denotes an experience that caused you great pain or trauma.
The Fate Line
The Fate line is especially interesting because there are some people who don’t have one. Furthermore, a Fate line on your dominant hand indicates that you’ve changed your own Fate, if it is missing from your nondominant hand.
- Faint or Missing: If there is no Fate line or it appears very faint on your hand, you may experience a sense of personal freedom that allows you to move from one project to another with ease.
- Long: A long Fate line can indicate someone who is free-spirited and friendly.
- Deep: If your Fate line appears deeply etched into your palm, you have a strong connected with destiny.
- Short: A Fate line that stops near the Head line represents an individual with a short attention span who becomes bored easily.
- Joined: If your Fate line connects to your Life line, you are an entrepreneur at heart, with many projects in the works and irons on the fire.
- Broken: Many breaks in the Fate line indicate that your life has been shifted and transformed many times due to forces outside of your control.
Interpreting Your Destiny
Now that you know more about palmistry, you probably want to synthesize your results. Grab a notebook and a pen and take note of each element that you’ve observed while reading through this guide. Now you can take a look at your reading as a whole, learning more about yourself through your palm.
Don’t forget to head over to our Free Palmistry Quiz to learn even more about the lines on your palm and about your personality and your fate!
Related Article: Blasting Common Palmistry Myths & Misconceptions
Did you enjoy this article? Please share it with your friends!
You might also be interested in
It seems there is a growing interest in tarot and tarot card meanings these days as the mysterious underground arts are coming into mainstream society. Before you get a tarot… Read Full Article »