Venus Enters Aquarius: Relationship Resolutions for 2020
With a new year coming fast, it’s the time of year where focus drifts towards resolutions. In the middle of gifting, baking, and trying to find the right holiday style (coordinating which ugly Christmas sweater to wear to each party, of course), it’s time to start thinking about change! Some want to lose weight, go back to school, or change careers; and some put their focus on making changes in relationships. Well, it’s the perfect time for that with Venus entering Aquarius!
This is the energy that prevails as you think about the kinds of relationship resolutions you may want to put on your list for 2020. How does this Venus in Aquarius 2019 - 2020 transit impact your relationship resolutions?
What is Venus in Aquarius?
Let’s break this transit down a little. Venus is the planet of love and relationships, and governs the people in your life. Venus wants us all to come together and enjoy one another’s company. Venus is a pleasant planet, and helps us get along.
Aquarius is an Air and Fixed sign, so this sign is in its head (as all Air signs are), and big on communication, expression, and thinking. Unlike the other two Air signs (Gemini and Libra), Aquarius is stickier (the Fixed signs like to stay in one place). Though the natural ruling planet for Aquarius is Uranus, the planet of change, so changes may need to occur first.
If you were born with Venus in Aquarius in your natal chart, you’re someone who likes things to be different in love. You likely don’t go for whatever you feel is “traditional” or “normal”. Instead, you like quirky and weird, and are fascinated by people who march to the beat of their own drummer. That is who is most likely to get your heart!
You can seem aloof at times in relationships and dealing with others, but it’s usually only when you’re not truly invested. Because Aquarius is a Fixed sign, once you are committed, you can commit hard! And you’re a lot less likely to keep your feelings to yourself.
Don’t know your Venus sign? Use our free birth chart generator to find out!
With this Venus in Aquarius transit, we can all be more attracted to the unusual and unconventional (this can be a time to let your freak flag fly!), and might feel like shaking things up a little bit. With Aquarius ruling change, we can be much more open to making changes to improve our connections with others. Hence this being a great time for those relationship resolutions!
Venus in Aquarius 2019-2020: Tips for Relationship Resolutions
Here are a few tips you can keep in mind as you work on your relationship resolutions for 2020:
1. Be open to pushing outside of your (or your relationship’s) comfort zone.
If you come up with a relationship resolution that seems a little too out there, that may be exactly what you should focus on! Aquarius wants us to venture outside of our comfort zones and push outside of the boundaries of our lives, so be willing to try.
2. If single, make resolutions that bring totally new, different people into your life.
The more different they are, the better! Give people a try that you’ve never dated before. Venus in Aquarius is into dating people of a variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. Don’t be boring!
3. If in a relationship, make resolutions that create new experiences between you.
Venus in Aquarius wants you to shake things up in love, so focus on resolutions that give the opportunity for you to do something completely new and different with your partner. Yes, this can be in the bedroom (this article on sex positions for the signs may help with that!), but don’t box yourself in by thinking of just that! When was the last time you did something outside of your comfort zones together that was a positive experience for both of you? Think in those terms.
Venus in Aquarius 2019 - 2020: Relationship Resolutions Ideas for the Zodiac Signs
Looking for some ideas for what relationship resolutions you should focus on? Find your zodiac sign:
- If single, try being friends with those you’re interested in first
- If in a relationship, improve the foundation of friendship
- Open up your social circle, make new friends, and improve existing friendships
- Make changes with the responsibilities you have that impact or deal with others
- Find more space with your goals to give more time to your loved ones
- Improve relationships with respected mentors/elders or connect with a new mentor
- If in a relationship, try traveling to new places or learning new things with your partner
- If single, be open to passionate connections with fewer strings
- Make connections with those who can teach you something
- Work on improving intimacy in your relationships
- Share more with those you care about
- Open to major transformations in important relationships to revive them
- Work on committing more to the people you care about
- Find ways to keep the peace and mediate
- Find balance and focus on relationships or aspects of relationships that have been ignored
- Pay closer attention to the little things in your relationships and with your partner
- Get organized with what needs to be done in your relationships
- Improve relationships with those you work with or for or who work for you
- Open up your heart to love, joy, and play, and focus less on work and responsibility
- If single, play around and enjoy the attention for a little while
- If in a relationship, do something that reignites the sparks and makes it feel like it did when you first met
- Improve the emotional connections in your relationships
- Be more supportive of others and expand your support system
- Strengthen your family connections
- Improve mental connections in your relationships (maybe try some essential oils to help!)
- If single, talk first and gravitate toward those who stimulate you mentally
- If in a relationship, open up lines of communication
- Improve stability and security in your relationships so they’re more grounded
- If single, open up to those with totally different values
- If in a relationship, experiment with physical intimacy
- Improve confidence and let others gravitate toward you
- Work on self-love
- Be more affectionate and open with what you feel
- Let go of old love and relationship baggage, or work through some love karma
- Improve spiritual connections in your relationships
- Construct healthy boundaries
Venus in Aquarius gives us all the chance to make some love changes!
Improve your relationships, connect to your heart, and share the love in the new year. We wish you all good luck with your relationship resolutions!
Related Article: How Venus Placements Affect the Way We Love