Aquarius Zodiac Sign
Time Period: January 22 – February 18
Ruling Planet: Uranus
Ruling House: 11th
Key Traits: Rebellious, Objective, Progressive
Power Colour: Blue, Turquoise
Eminent Personalities: Michael Jordan, Bob Marley, Cristiano Ronaldo, Oprah Winfrey
As the Fixed Air Sign that is ruled by Uranus, your two best traits are that you are a highly intellectual thinker that is fixed and loyal to your goals, and they are usually outside of the conventional box. You need independence to feel happy and successful, and you also are the inventor and innovator of the zodiac. If you feel restricted, or like you are being sent into a “normal” box, you freak out. You would rather let your freak flag fly, in a balanced and centered way, and when you do, you succeed in whatever area of your life you choose. You are the person at the party that doesn’t say much, but when you do, it’s often in about 4 different languages. You never do anything like others do, and that is your best selling quality.
If you were born an Aquarius, you have no problem planning for the future. You get that in order to create the future in which you want to live, you have to sow the seeds in the here and now. You’re incredibly unconventional, but you’re not brash with it. Your words can cut like a knife when you’re vexed though, and this gives you the reputation of being cold and analytical.
It’s hard for you to be a stranger. You feel a connection with humanity, and genuinely feel that everyone has potential to be a friend. You’re always looking for newness, for the next upcoming thing, whether it is a new friendship, a new romance, or a new technological gadget. Exploring, and trying new things, comes easily to you—and then your mind starts probing and analyzing.
You’re very humanitarian and if there’s one area that you have trouble with while pursuing your goals and dreams, it’s consistency. Just about the time that you get things going how you want them to go, you get bored, and start looking for something new. You won’t have trouble finding it, either, because of your intelligence, your independence, and your ego.
That need for independence can trip you up, too, for one moment you’re going to feel that you need time alone, but the more alone you are, the more you feel the need to socialize. Then, once you’re surrounded by people once more, you’re going to feel the need to be alone again. It’s no wonder people think you’re an enigma! You’re likely to have a wide social circle, but very few close friends because of this.
You struggle with commitments, too, whether this is to a job, or to a romance, or something else. Responsibility drags you down. Obligations drag you down. Monotony drags you down. Consequently, you’re always on the lookout for what’s next. This doesn’t mean that you can’t hold down a job, or that you can’t be happy in love—not at all! You just need to find people and places where you can oscillate to meet your needs. Then you will find it easy to commit—and stay committed—to your decision. Here are how some of your main personality traits are expressed.
As the Fixed Air Sign, your intellectual side is very strong, almost unparalleled in the zodiac. Being ruled by Uranus, you use that intelligence to cater to your inner genius. You have a bit of a rebellious side thanks to Uranus, but you prefer to use it for that next great idea, over using it for evil. As a Fixed Sign you are a bit stubborn, sometimes to a fault, but that’s only because once you set your mind on that genius idea, nothing can stop you. Your ideas and opinions are usually radical, and thus, shocking. But that’s usually because the “normal” thinkers around you just haven’t even considered your ingenious ideas. You observe more than you talk, and your emotions aren’t important to you. That’s because being a genius isn’t something to be emotional about, it’s something to do. Which you do very well.
Being an Air Sign means that jobs that require paperwork and/or higher level thinking are the jobs that are best suited for you. Being ruled by Uranus, you also need to have something different every day, and are not likely to succeed being caged in a cubicle. You are the kind that can make great success freelancing over your latest great idea, but the world at large is very important to you, and you think about it a lot. Politics, counseling, environmental issues; they may all call you to immerse yourself fully and unconditionally. A true visionary, you don’t flinch at deviating from the norm, and you are always willing to take those who share your goals along with you.
Love & Relationships
As a Fixed Sign, you are naturally committed and loyal to just about anything or anyone that you love. However you are a bit of a freedom fighter, and this could cause problems in love. You don’t like to be tied down, so in order for you to feel free in relationships, you just need to communicate that to the one your affections are Fixed on. Although you think first and feel later, you are anything but unkind. You believe in the great wide world, and want everyone, including your partner, to embrace it in all of its forms. You are the one that makes people smile with the weirdest and most intelligent jokes. You have a way of making others around you feel smarter, and this is very attractive. This is because you see things in people that others don’t, and that is due to your need to see things outside the box. When you embrace the unconventional and higher thinking sides of others, your love life is exactly where you want it to be. Fun and interesting is your middle name, and also that of your primary partnerships. But someone looking for a lovey dovey type won’t find it in you. It’s not that you don’t have feelings. You just don’t see the point in focusing on them, all of the time. Life is too intellectual for that for you.
Want to find out how compatible Aquarians are with other Zodiac signs when it comes to love and relationships?
Astrology can reveal a lot, but there’s much more to it than what Sun sign you are. At the very heart of astrology — and of Tarot, palmistry, sacred geometry, even ceremonies and rituals — are the 4 elements. These are Fire, Earth, Water, and Air. If you think about it, we need these 4 elements, all of them, in order to survive on the planet. We heat and cook and purge with fire. We grow things in the Earth; it is the foundation of our existence, and we return to it when our life has ended. We need water to survive, it grows the plants of the earth and quenches our thirst; our bodies are approximately 60% water, and the Earth itself is approximately 70% water. We need air to breathe. Even our words are given life by our breath when we speak them out loud.
The Air signs are always masculine, or positive. If you were born a Gemini, a Libra, or an Aquarius, then you are an Air Sign.
Here are how some of your main personality traits are expressed.
- You are unique.
- You flaunt convention.
- You believe in the possibility of utopia
- You have many acquaintances.
- You communicate easily.
- You like things that are new and different.
- You enjoy using technology.
- You change your mind frequently.
- You are creative.
- You’re very complex.
- You keep your innermost feelings to yourself.
- You try to be diplomatic.
- You speak openly and truthfully.
- You need freedom and personal space.
- You have very good focus and concentration.
- You are intuitive.
Of course, like everyone else, your positive side is accompanied by some less desirable qualities for you to work on in this lifetime.
- People see you as eccentric
- You resent authority.
- You won’t tolerate dishonesty.
- You are stubborn.
- You are willful.
- You’re prone to vanity.
- You don’t like routine.
- You abhor being bored.
- You have only a few close friends.
- You struggle with fidelity.
- You often feel isolated from others.
- You shy away from commitments.
- You find it hard to trust people.
Not all Air signs are going to behave the same. Even two Geminis can be very different from each other, because of the way that the rest of their planets fall. Remember, the Sun sign is only one part of astrology! There’s so much more to discover.
Even though All air signs are similar, there’s a lot of difference between them. This is because of the triplicities, or the qualities of those signs. Just like there are 4 elements, there are three triplicities. These are Cardinal, Mutable, and Fixed.
Aquarius is a Fixed sign. This quality is cautious. Just as it sounds, the fixed quadruplicity is the “but we’ve always done it this way” energy of the zodiac. Perhaps this sounds like you?
- You don’t handle change well.
- You like to stay in the background.
- You’re not particularly thrilled about new ideas.
- You can be quite tenacious or stubborn.
- You want others to agree with you.
- You bring responsibility to teamwork and keep everyone under control.
- You want things done your way.
- You’re not a risk taker.
- You take responsibility very seriously.
The Aquarius Man
- Aquarius men make friends easily.
- Aquarius men like to know all about you.
- Aquarius men are reserved.
- Aquarius men are complicated.
- Aquarius men are generous.
- Aquarius men are broad-minded.
- Aquarius men are idealistic.
- Aquarius men are honest when it matters, but they can tell a good story.
- Aquarius men are good with money.
- Aquarius men need someone to make them feel special.
- Aquarius men change their minds often.
- Aquarius men don’t like to be tied down.
- Aquarius men will not tolerate being used.
- Aquarius men aren’t particularly romantic.
- Aquarius men have trouble with emotional commitment.
The Aquarius Woman
- Aquarius women are unique.
- Aquarius women need their freedom.
- Aquarius women handle social gatherings well.
- Aquarius women are intense.
- Aquarius women need reminding that they are in a relationship.
- Aquarius women are independent.
- Aquarius women are intuitive.
- Aquarius women want to be respected.
- Aquarius women are affectionate.
- Aquarius women expect to be treated like a lady.
- Aquarius women are good listeners.
- Aquarius women are not particularly romantic.
- Aquarius women are inconsistent.
- Aquarius women are not overly emotional.
- Aquarius women know how to hold grudges.
The Aquarius Child
- Aquarius children are sensitive.
- Aquarius children are intelligent.
- Aquarius children are impulsive.
- Aquarius children are an enigma.
- Aquarius children need to make up their own minds.
- Aquarius children are unpredictable.
- Aquarius children are inconsistent.
- Aquarius children are perceptive.
- Aquarius children have a keen mind.
- Aquarius children are helpful.
- Aquarius children need a large social circle.
- Aquarius children have big ideas.
- Aquarius children are changeable.
- Aquarius children are forgetful.
- Aquarius children can be accident prone.
- Aquarius children find it hard to concentrate.
- Aquarius children are not logical.
You might also be interested in
It’s your time to shine, Aquarius! We know you’ll never go out of your way to socialize, but it’s not like you to turn down an opportunity to do something different, and break you… Read More »
Hello, lovers! Are you ready to get your saucy on? You thought Venus in Aries was going to be exciting - and it was. Now Venus is moving on and she’s setting up in one of her favo… Read More »